Sunday, March 09, 2008

IT'S OFFICIAL

It's official. I am old. I passed the excitement of getting older at 21. The worst aging experience came at turning 30. I spent the whole day in bed. The 40 and 50 marks happened without fanfare and were hardly noticed. Not so for 60. I thought I'd at least get a party since no one had thought of it before. Nope. No celebration...just covered in oldness. Now, this officially old has nothing to do with numbers. There is other evidence. I am getting an implant!

It happened because I chomped down on a pecan shell that shouldn't have been in the pecans I put in my waffle. Upper back took went...ccccrrrraaackk! Dr. Dentist said, "Tooth gone, go for the implant. Dr. Oral Surgeon has removed the tooth and implanted the base. In a few months, I'll have the first all false tooth. See, it's official...I'm old.

Darn it!

2 comments:

Clay said...

No, no, no. You have it all wrong. If 60 were old, Dr. Oral Surgeon wouldn't bother replacing your tooth. Because 60 is young now, you need a good tooth that will serve you well in all the tasty delights ahead. Maybe at 70 you will finally get your party.CJJ

Dijea said...

Its not like you have a 40 year old daughter or anything.